Thursday 28 May 2009

Tribes of West Papua

This is a long term project of mine to document some of the many tribes of West Papua. I have been four times now, the first time was in 2004 and most recently in March of 2009. There is nowhere like it and I love it. I have photographed the Dani, the Mek, The Komorro, Korowai, Kombai and Asmat tribes to date and will be uploading more images from the trips. I will split the gallery in to individual tribal galleries when I have uploaded the majority of the work.
It may be of interest that Survival International will be publishing a book this year commemorating 40 years of helping tribal people, they will be using several of my images in the book, it is to be called "We are One". Two of my photos are also used in their diaries available from http://www.survival-international.org/
I also have a book publisher in Holland interested in publishing the work.


Tribes of West Papua, Indonesia - Images by Grenville Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment